Friday, December 5, 2014

Linda Simon's photo.

 

Last  Point of Pondering:  "The conquest of the fear of death is the recovery of life's joy." Joseph Campbell

 

Graceful Action:  I will be open to facing the daily deaths of:  who I am, STRONG held beliefs, of things I love, of relationships and of dreams I hold. 


My weekly pondering became a couple of weeks pondering.  This has lead me to question everything in a graceful way instead of my normal highly disciplined make it happen NOW kind of way. I am lovingly putting down the ropes that do not serve my highest purpose.  I choose to come from unconditional love which includes strong, healthy boundaries. I am trusting my heart and Grace to lead the way.

My Current  Point of Pondering:  I am seeing grace as a daily and choice-by-choice practice. Catholic priest Henri Nouwen talks about cultivating practice in daily practice:


Patience is a hard discipline.  It is not just waiting until something happens over which we have no control:  the arrival of the bus, the end of the rain, the return of a friend, the resolution of a conflict.  Patience is not waiting passively until someone else does something.  Patience asks us to live the moment to the fullest, to be completely present to the moment, to taste the here and now new, to be where we are.  When we are impatient, we try to get away from where we are.  We behave as if the real things will happen tomorrow, later, and somewhere else.  Let's be patient and trust that the treasure we look for is hidden in the ground on which we stand.

Graceful Action:  Yesterday I was so clever so I wanted to change the world.  Today I am wise so I am changing myself.  Rumi


I will be patient with me, be focused on fully being in each moment, and see what happens....

2 comments:

  1. One question, what does "cultivating practice in daily practice" mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question!!!! Wonderful…That is the $64Million dollar question….it is up to each person….I reflect in the morning…I pray unceasingly…I take a deep breath before I make a decision…these are my practice among others…what are yours and what are some you want to cultivate?

      Delete